🥳🥳 This is such a happy post because…
1. I finally found spaghetti squash in the UK waitroseandpartners in Billericay after 3 YEARS of looking!! 🥰
2. I was finally able to make a large batch of my bolognese in the new flat!!
Rich and I moved into our home a year ago and being short on space we obviously have minimal, small pots and pans which meant making sauces and soups was difficult! At least once a week Rich would ask me ‘Alisha! Why don’t you make and freeze pasta sauces? Where’s my bolognese! You’re supposed to be Italian!’ And I told him, if he got me a big sauce pot I would promise to deliver!
Low and behold he gifted me the most GORGEOUS lecreusetuk black casserole dish and it is PERFECT for my bolognese sauce 🤗 I couldn’t be happier and I literally treat it like GOLD 🖤
My bolognese is a family fave, my mother makes her own version (and of course I spice mine up a bit!). Like a true Italian, I don’t necessarily measure my ingredients for this, but simply taste and adjust! Try it out for yourself and see what works for you!
VEGAN BOLOGNESE & SAGE ROASTED SPAGHETTI SQUASH
(GF, V, NF, P, DF)
-1 spaghetti squash
-fleur de sel
-herbs de Provence
-1 carrot, minced
-1/2 red onion, minced
-1 celery stick, minced
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-2 dried bay leaves
-400g mushrooms, coarsely chopped
-2 cans chopped tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 220C. Cut the spaghetti squash in half (I microwave mine for 2 minutes to make cutting it easier). Scoop out the seeds, rinsing off the stringy squash and setting them aside. Drizzle olive oil on the squash, fleur de sel, herbs de Provence and a leaf or two of sage. Place in the oven for an hour, adding the seeds (tossed in olive oil and salt) on the tray for the last 10 minutes.
2. Heat a glug of olive oil in a pot, add the carrot, onion, celery and garlic. Sauté, adding the celery seeds, bay leaves, some fresh sage and thyme.
3. Once the carrots are soft, add the mushrooms, cumin, cinnamon and chilli powder. Sauté, add tomatoes and maple syrup. Simmer for about an hour or more! 🥰