There’s some new fabulous people in this little community & I was asked by elise_bancroft to post 8 things about myself so I figured why not shift the two in one post 🥰
1. I am a born and raised Canadian, and proud of it! My childhood was feeding wild black bears at the dump. I used to have a chipmunk friend who knew it’s name when I called and would come for peanuts. His name was ‘Chippy’ (creative I know).
2. I had the opportunity to go to school in Asia and Europe as a teenager. It largely shaped who I am today and gave me the confidence to live in other counties.
3. I went to Le Cordon Bleu in London, UK for gastronomy and nutrition at 20 when I was incredibly unhappy in my Ivy league psychology degree.
4. I went on to work for Michelin starred chefs as a pastry chef London until I found out I had an allergy to gluten! I found the work incredibly stressful anyways so I decided to reboot and go back to university.
5. I’m a cognitive and clinical neuroscience student in London currently.
6. I teach yoga in the UK now, both in vinyasa and restorative styles. I found it incredibly healing and I highly suggest if you have the opportunity to do a teacher training in yoga and solo travel to take the chance. I was so afraid to go because I couldn’t do the splits like the Instagram yogis but it turned out to be the most influential experience of my life.
7. When I was at my lowest feeling hopeless and stuck in my psychology degree, I wrote a list of all the things I would accomplish if I had the chance and could imagine my dream career path. You just read that list in action!! ✨✨✨✨
8. I’m a dog mom now to my lovely Leonardo (AKA Leo) the cavalier